BY SHARING TIPS, RESOURCES, EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION AND MORE!
Sometimes sellers are left aghast at a buyer’s low offer. Why is he/she asking so much off the price? Is my home listed for too much? Does the buyer not see the value of my home?
Sellers, here are some ways to improve the offers you receive. No need to feel anxious about putting your home on the market. Let the list below guide you through the process. It can make things a little easier!
1. Price it right. Set a price at the lower end or middle of your property’s realistic price range.
2. Prepare for visitors. Get your house market ready at least two weeks before you begin showing it. Be sure to tidy up and remove clutter.
3. Be flexible about showings. It’s often disruptive to have a house ready to show at the spur of the moment. But the more amenable you can be about letting people see your home, the sooner you’ll find a buyer.
4. Anticipate the offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you’ll find acceptable.
5. Don’t refuse to drop the price. If your home has been on the market for more than 30 days without an offer, you should be prepared to at least consider lowering your asking price.